Question

How do I automate website visits to target accounts efficiently?

• 7 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a csv file of companies that visit my website every week and a csv file of companies that are in my target account list, the data is raw and needs a pivot table to consolidate data (ie. company visited 3 webpages so it shows up 3 times in the data).

I need to see which website visitors are in the target account list. A simple Vlookup typically. But I would like to automate this process.

How I imagine it would look would be in steps:

1. Add new worksheet to a google sheet with the raw csv file of web visitors for the week (triggers the automation)
  2. Pivot table the worksheet to get to a list of companies and the total # of web visits + the unique web pages they visited
  3. Vlookup on this pivot table data against the list of target companies to see which website visitors are target accounts and the webpages they visited
  4. Push results to slack

Very curious how Zapier could help solve this. Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Darshan665. Thanks for joining the Community! 😁

If the new worksheet is always added into the same Google Sheets spreadsheet then you could use the Google Sheets New Worksheet trigger. Though a Zap isn’t able to convert the data in the worksheet into a pivot table, you could use a Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items) search action to pull in the relevant information to the Zap for a specific company that you’re looking to search for.

You could pull a list of the companies from the worksheet using a Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, output as Line Items) action, then add a Looping by Zapier action which would allow the Zap to run the search action for all the different companies in the list. That information could be added into a digest which it then releases in a Slack message using a Send Channel Message or Send Direct Message Slack action. You can learn more about how to store information from a loop into a digest and release it here: 

That said, I wonder if it might be better to send the information over to an OpenAI Assistant instead. You could use the Conversation With Assistant action to upload the CSV file so it can search it and respond with an analysis of the total web visits and unique web pages visited etc. It also has a Code Interpreter tool that could be used to run a more advanced data analysis and return desired data as a diagram/chart in a CSV or PDF file. You can learn more about using OpenAI Assistants in Zaps here:

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions just let us know!