Best answer

How do I automate website updates with Zapier by scraping data, rephrasing it, and posting it to WordPress?

• 23 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I was wondering if I could use Zapier with a new website I am building:

1. Scrape data from 20 different websites automatically 
  2. Acquired data will then be transferred to a database automatically 
  3. Use Zap to pull data from database automatically 
  4. Zap data from row in DB and automatically ask openAI to rephrase content
  5. Zap new rephrased content, place into a different database automatically
  6. Zap new content from second database to automatically post content on wordpress website automatically 

Ideally I would like to automate the entire process 2x a day for website updates throughout the day.

How feasible is this with ZAP? Recommended tier if possible? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 25 September 2023, 11:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @exiled! 👋

Scrape data from 20 different websites automatically 

We’ve got an article covering some of the different apps available to help extract/scrape data from websites that could be used to pass the data over to a Zap:

Acquired data will then be transferred to a database automatically 

Use Zap to pull data from database automatically

I’m not sure what software you’re using for your database but we have a number of different database apps available on Zapier that you could use to pass the data from the Zap to the database and vice versa. You can view the full list of available data​​​​​​base apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/databases

Zap data from row in DB and automatically ask openAI to rephrase content

The OpenAI app has a number of different actions available such as the Send Prompt action that you could use to rephrase the data that was scraped.

Zap new rephrased content, place into a different database automatically

You’d want to use another database app action to add the rephrased content into a different database.

Zap new content from second database to automatically post content on wordpress website automatically 

The WordPress app’s Create Post action could be used to create a post in your website with the rephrased text.

Ideally I would like to automate the entire process 2x a day for website updates throughout the day.

Our Schedule by Zapier app would allow you to trigger a Zap at a certain time of day. You can read more about that here: Schedule Zaps to run at specific intervals

How feasible is this with ZAP? Recommended tier if possible? 

It seems possible to do but I’d recommend exploring each app to it’s actions to make sure they would fully fit your requirements. It’s hard to say what Zapier plan you’d need, it ultimately depends how many actions you have in your Zaps, whether you’d need to use any premium apps and how many tasks each Zap would use per month. You’re free to upgrade or downgrade your Zapier plan at any point so what might work best is to start with a lower plan and upgrade if you need a higher amount of tasks or additional features. You can find out more about this here: How to select your Zapier plan. And you can view and compare what’s available across each plan here: https://zapier.com/pricing

Hope that helps to get you started. Let us know if you run into any further questions or issues on that at all! 🙂