Question

How do I automate website text scraping for AI references and update it back to a spreadsheet?

• 17 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of companies and their URL.  I need to scrape the website’s text, look for any reference to Artificial Intelligence and then post a summary of the product and it’s AI use if found back to the spreadsheet.  I can start the process with a manual trigger, but then I am having difficulty with iterating back through to the next spreadsheet line item when the process is complete. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @DerekT! 🎉

Not sure what apps are you using in the Zap, but presumably it’s using a “New Spreadsheet Row” type of trigger which only runs for new rows that are added to the spreadsheet and doesn’t automatically run for the existing rows in the spreadsheet. Is that the issue here?

If so, to get the Zap to go through the rest of the rows in the spreadsheet you could use a one-time transfer to run the Zap for each of the existing rows. You can learn more about this here: Transfer existing data using a Zap

Hope that helps, but do let me know if I’ve misunderstood or you run into any trouble on that at all. Happy to assist further! 🙂