Question

How do I automate time tracking and reporting for my enterprise?

• 13 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there, I’m a COO of a small consultancy shop of 5 - 10 individuals.

My objectives are the following:

• Enable Project Managers to track the profitability of individual billable and internal projects
  • Enable team members to know how they are faring versus their target hours
  • Enable the leadership to make data-driven decisions on staffing and utilisation going forward
  • Automate the time tracking and reporting process

Our current workflow:

1. Employee inserts multiple time entries on their Google Calendar for each project they are working on
  2. Employee accesses their Clockify account (https://clockify.me) which has an underlying integration with Google Calendar
  3. Employee manually tag each time entry in their Google Calendar to a project (either billable or internal)
  4. Leadership manually generates the reports at the end of each month which requires some time for data cleaning as the report that Clockify produces is not in the right format.

What we would like to solve for:

1. Can Step 2 and 3 be automated using Zapier? If no, is Clockify the right software or would you suggest other software?
  2. Can Step 4 be automated using Zapier?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @Sky C! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

I wanted to share this incredible article my teammate Danvers wrote on working through if and how Zapier can help:

The good news is that there is a Clockify integration and a Google Calendar app! I’m not quite sure what “accesses their Clockify account” entails but I might take a look at some of the Clockify triggers to see if any of them fit that initial task. 🙂

From there, you’d likely need to “Find an Event” and then “Update an Event” in Google Calendar. 

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

I hope some of this helps and keep us posted with any other q’s you may have! ⚡️