Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate Slack messages with deal numbers on Salesforce close?

• 21 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi there, 

My firm recently got Salesforce and I am leading the implementation. One thing that we’d like to automate is a message that gets sent to a channel every time a deal closes. Today, to start the message, the rep that closed the deal will write “#(insert deal number of the year) - New Client Name”. Afterwards they will include information that I can pull easily from fields in salesforce into the body of the slack message. My question is how can I have the deal number automatically update for each new message? 

Thanks, 

Billy

Hi @BillyM 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Help article about configuring Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Please find the screenshots below.

Add as many details as possible, by providing details you’ll make it easier for others to reply

@Troy Tessalone I’d like the sport where it says “#(Insert Deal Number)” to be dynamic.

@BillyM 

Same with how there are other dynamic variables mapped to the Message Text, you would need to map a variable from a previous step using the ‘Custom’ tab.

What Salesforce Object does the Deal # come from?

@Troy Tessalone it would come from the opportunity object, today our reps just look at the previous message to see the number but going forward I’d like to change that

@BillyM 

In the Zap you would need to map the Salesforce Object field that has the Deal #.

If you are trying to increment (+1) the Deal Number, then try these options: