Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate Slack messages with deal numbers on Salesforce close?

• 21 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi there, 

My firm recently got Salesforce and I am leading the implementation. One thing that we’d like to automate is a message that gets sent to a channel every time a deal closes. Today, to start the message, the rep that closed the deal will write “#(insert deal number of the year) - New Client Name”. Afterwards they will include information that I can pull easily from fields in salesforce into the body of the slack message. My question is how can I have the deal number automatically update for each new message? 

Thanks, 

Billy

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BillyM 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Help article about configuring Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Please find the screenshots below.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Add as many details as possible, by providing details you’ll make it easier for others to reply

@Troy Tessalone I’d like the sport where it says “#(Insert Deal Number)” to be dynamic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BillyM 

Same with how there are other dynamic variables mapped to the Message Text, you would need to map a variable from a previous step using the ‘Custom’ tab.

What Salesforce Object does the Deal # come from?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone it would come from the opportunity object, today our reps just look at the previous message to see the number but going forward I’d like to change that

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BillyM 

In the Zap you would need to map the Salesforce Object field that has the Deal #.

If you are trying to increment (+1) the Deal Number, then try these options: