Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate sharing office-specific posts to the main page without creating an endless loop on Zapier?

• 17 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, thank you for your time. 

I manage a real estate company’s social media pages. We have a main company facebook page and then a “local” page for each office. There are 6 offices- in total, 7 pages. 

I have made it easier on myself by automating anything I post on the main page- to be shared on each office page. Each office page makes a new post with a link to the original post. 

Sometimes, the office admin makes office-specific posts, such as the top agent posts for the month. I want to automatically share those ones on the main page. 

I had this set up in the past and it was an endless loop. I would make a post on the main page- each office page would share it- and then, because I had it set up to share any local page posts to the main page- it would repost the post over and over in an endless loop. I had to go in and turn off the automation for the “share from local pages to main page” zap, and then delete 50+ duplicate posts. 

I’ve scoured YouTube, Google, and Zapier help pages- hoping someone knows a trick to make my life easier. 

Thanks again,

Anna

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ACaskey,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please send a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!