Question

How do I automate sending invoices from Dubsado contracts to Moneybird, including VAT?

• 3 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi! 

I would like that when a customer has signed her contract in Dubsado, an invoice for this contract is automatically sent in my accounting program (Moneybird). I have now set a number of things, but I think the VAT rate also needs to be looked up first? Or isn’t that necessary? 

And then I’m getting stuck at the step ‘create sales invoice in Moneybird’. Besides the ID, I don't really know which fields I need to fill in there and where I can find them in the Dubsado contract.

Is there anyone who can help me? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Elze, welcome to the Community! 👋

I think the VAT rate also needs to be looked up first? Or isn’t that necessary?

If the tax rate wouldn’t be different across each invoice then I’d have thought that you could just select the desired tax rate option from the Tax Rate Id field on the Create Sales Invoice action:
c7d682a3d9a6c046ebfa8b2d10a24285.png

And get rid of the Find Tax Rate action. 

And then I’m getting stuck at the step ‘create sales invoice in Moneybird’. Besides the ID, I don't really know which fields I need to fill in there and where I can find them in the Dubsado contract.

If you click into the fields on the Moneybird action, a dropdown menu should appear with a list of fields or options you can select from the Dubsado trigger for example:

1a8c77c03fcc06e200a40533ae0e9d9b.png
Were you able to successfully load a test record in from Dubsado?

If not that might be why the fields aren’t available. If that’s the case can you try loading in a test record from Dubsado. You may need to create a new contract for testing purposes and sign it if it’s not seeing the existing contracts. 

Can you give that a try and let us know how you get on?