Best answer

How do I automate sending a Slack message when a Google Sheets worksheet is updated?

• 17 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi community,

I wanted to build a Zap wich sends a message in our slack channel, whenever there is a change in the worksheet. Unfortunately it doesn’t work automatically. If theres a change i have to “run” the Zap. After i ran it, it works perfektly and sends the message to the slack channel.

So how can i automate it?

Looking forward to you’re knowledge and answers :)

greetings
Lorenz

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 July 2023, 16:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Conseo 

Good question.

The Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" but it still takes a few minutes to trigger

The triggers for Google Sheets are unique among Zapier triggers. When there is a trigger event in the spreadsheet, Zapier gets a notification webhook from Google about this. After that, Zapier sends Google Sheets a request for new data, so it uses both the polling and instant trigger methods. This process takes about 3 minutes overall.

While not being "instant", these triggers are faster than regular polling ones, as they don't depend on the polling interval of the plan your account uses.

Userlevel 1

Hi thanks for your quick response! The article about polling and instant trigger made it clear for me. I didn’t wait enough to get the trigger refreshed, :D but now it works perfectly. (I love it when problems get solved by themselves.) Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Greetings