Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate Salesforce Community Post to Slack notifications using Zapier?

• 18 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I am wondering if anyone or the Zapier team have been able to create an automated process for the following:

Salesforce hosted Community Post is raised > Slack Channel updated with the post information

Something as simple as this would be brilliant for my organisation, I just cant seem to get it to happen with Zapier. 

Any advice welcomed. 

Kind regards, Joe

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@MatZap do you get updates on your email as soon as an update happens in Salesforce hosted Community?

Not for every post no, I am told the community used Feeditem when I try and use this in Zapier i get an error of:

Unable to pull records

Please reload the page. If the issue persists, troubleshoot error or contact Support.

Error code: Error while retrieving: The app did not respond in-time. It may or may not have completed successfully.

Stumped on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MatZap,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like we're timing out when attempting to gather or send information from the app. 

When Zapier makes a request, we wait almost exactly 30 seconds for a response. If the app takes longer than 30 seconds to respond, we call it a “timeout” - which is considered an error. Basically, we didn't hear back from this app in time to know whether or not our request was successful. 

Some more info and possible solutions can be found here: 

https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/errors/fix-timeout-errors-in-zaps

Hopefully, this helps!