Skip to main content

Boy, it sure is hard to get support here at Zapier!  This is what I am trying to acomplish.  I want to automate setting client appoints for a RingCentral video conference using specific date parameters.  I want to simply role through an excel spreadsheet with email addressed and set the appointments one at a time.  To accomplish this I have to go in to RingCentral and set a video meeting time and send the link to the target client.  Then I want Zapier to set the appointment on my gmail calendar.  

Hi @standenman 

Can you please clarify your question or what issue you are having with in configuring the Zap steps?

Include screenshots to give us more context about how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Zap app triggers/actions:

Well I will start with this baffling screen.  It make no sense! 

@standenman 

For us to have context, post screenshots with what you are seeing/experiencing.

Hi there
if you want to need clue u can follow To automate setting client appointments for a RingCentral video conference using specific date parameters and an Excel spreadsheet with email addresses, you can use the following workflow:

• Set up a trigger in Zapier that monitors for new or updated rows in your Excel spreadsheet.
  • Use Zapier's built-in "Formatter" app to parse the date and time data from the Excel spreadsheet into a format that can be used by the RingCentral and Google Calendar apps.
  • Set up an action in Zapier that creates a new RingCentral video meeting using the parsed date and time data and the email address of the target client.
  • Set up another action in Zapier that creates a new event in your Google Calendar using the same parsed date and time data and the email address of the target client.

“Name”?  What the heck is that?  what I am so supposed to be putting in that box?  “insert data..” insert data WHERE?? So confusing..

@standenman 

That would be the name of the Video Meeting to be created by the Zap step.

You can name it whatever you want.

If you want to map data points from step 1, then you would select variables from the list of options.

Check the field descriptions (if it exist) for guidance.

When in doubt, test it out.

Hi @standenman ,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.