Skip to main content

I’m building some zaps for a group of clients where every client will be using the same Zap. In one of the zaps, I’d like to automate Facebook posting to multiple pages at the same time without having to manually add/delete a line item for each person as I acquire / lose customers.

Is there a way to do this? Or any sort of workaround that performs something similar. I noticed that I can set “always on” in paths but that’s limited to 10 clients and still takes some manual set up each time.

Thanks!

Hi @D58Farmers 

Explore the concept of a lookup table:

NOTE: If you need to use different app connections, then the only way to make Zap steps dynamic for the account being used would be to use APIs.

Thank you Troy! Would the facebook custom audiences api request feature operate in a way that would create posts to different facebook accounts in one zap?

As I roll this out to more clients, I’d like to simplify my onboarding process and I have a feeling this would help immensely. I’m pretty sure it’s beyond my current skill level but if it’s possible, I’ll do what I can to learn.

Thanks!

Hi @D58Farmers 👋

I believe what Troy was suggesting here was that you could use a lookup table to dynamically select different Facebook pages. This approach would not allow you to switch between different Facebook login accounts. The Facebook Custom Audiences app’s API Request action can only be used to perform custom audience related actions, so you couldn’t use it to create a post on a Facebook page.

If you’re wanting use a single Zap to post messages across different Facebook pages you’d use a Create Page Post (Facebook Pages) action and need to ensure that the connected Facebook account has the necessary access to each of the different Facebook pages that you’re wanting to post messages. Then in Page field for that Create Page Post action you’d choose the Custom value option and select the ID for the page that’s output by the lookup table.

Hope that helps to clarify. If you run into any trouble on that or have any further questions at all just do let us know! 🙂