Best answer

How do I automate Pinterest pin creation with images & texts from a spreadsheet?

• 18 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I'm trying to automate pin creation for Pinterest using Canva (but I can consider any alternative).

I have 1 template that I want to use for different images and texts.

I have a spreadsheet with the following columns:
1. a link to the image file on Google Drive

2. Text for the design

3. Text for the Pin heading

4. Text for the Pin description

I know automating the texts is easy, but I would love to know if I can also automate the images. Or must I add them manually?

Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 October 2023, 12:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Did you tried it out? @pazitive 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pazitive 

Good question.

The Zap action for Pinterest - Create Pin has these fields:

Hi @pazitive 

Good question.

The Zap action for Pinterest - Create Pin has these fields:

Thank you for your reply!

I think you might haven’t understand what I’m trying to do (or I might have misunderstood your answer) - before scheduling pins, I need to create the designs first. 

I have a spreadsheet and in every row there is: 

a link to an image in Google Drive

text for the image

^^^ these two are for the design

text for pin heading

text for pin description

^^^ these are for scheduling

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pazitive 

There is no Zap app available for Canva, so you’ll have to see alternatives such as Bannearbear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @pazitive

Troy is correct here. Canva isn’t available to use in a Zap at present, but it is on our internal wishlist of apps to have added to Zapier. So I’ve added your vote for it. While we can’t make any promises as to when or whether it will definitely be added, I can promise that we’ll let you know once it is! 

In the meantime, you could try an app like Bannerbear as Troy mentioned, although that wouldn’t generate the image using Canva specifically. As an alternative I’m thinking that since you’ve already got a spreadsheet with details of all the image files you wish to create in Canva it might be worth converting that into a CSV file to use with Canva’s Bulk Create option. You can see more about how create Canva designs in bulk here: https://www.canva.com/help/bulk-create/

Hope one of those workarounds will do the trick for now. Would love to know whether you find an alternative solution too so please do keep us updated on how you get on with this! 🙂