Skip to main content

Hello.

We're currently using Acuity to create virtual meetings with out clients, and while Zoom is integrated, we want to switch to Microsoft Teams. I'm trying to use Zapier to take all the meeting details from Acuity - like dates, times, and attendees - and create a Teams meeting with this information. Create a meetings event and send a link to all parties involved.

Has anyone done this before? I'm encountering roadblocks at every turn. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @A_LTFG,

You can try this step to set up your Zap. The first is to set Acuity Scheduling as the trigger. Choose “New Appointment” or any trigger that you need. Then, the setup for Action will be for Microsoft Teams. Choose the desired action, such as “Create Meeting,” “Send Message,” or whatever you need. After all this is done, test your Zap to confirm if everything went well. Whenever a trigger event happens in Acuity Scheduling, the corresponding action will occur in Microsoft Teams. 

I hope this helps you jump start your Zap. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

@JammerS thanks for the response.

Create meeting isn't an option in my Microsoft Teams section on Zap, am I missing something?

Below are the options I can select after selecting Microsoft Teams on the trigger.

Hi there @A_LTFG,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to create meetings using the Microsoft Teams integration. However, we do have an existing feature request for thins exact functionality.

I have added you to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi @ken.a, thank you for the response.

I thought this may be the case. That's great that it's a feature request, hopefully it happens in the not too distant future.

A notification via email would be fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

You are most welcome @A_LTFG! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

It is possible through MS Outlook. 

1. You create a event trigger from Acuity
  2. Create an Outlook event and invite participants
  3. Update outlook event and select ‘online meeting’ - make sure you select the meeting ID of the outlook event created in step 2
  4. All participant will receive the default meeting invitation from Outlook.

You can now also email the link to the client. 

I have built a complete system with reschedules and cancellation, you can also add reminders with a little work around with Acuity and Outlook.

Since your Outlook and Teams calendar are the same / synced and all online meetings in outlook run my teams. You can access the meetings though the Team Calendar