Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I automate HubSpot to Mailchimp tag updates for multiple contacts tied to a company?

• 10 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello.

Random one Ive been looking at from all the angles I can think of.

We have tags and groups in Mailchimp that are based on our customer’s status. The customers are saved as Companies in Hubspot with custom fields that link (as in same name) to the tags/groups in MailChimp. We would like to sort our contacts automatically based on what status their associated company is in hubspot. the issue we are running into is that the status is tied to the company/customer, not the contact, and it is hard to like the to to update (can do a one time link in hubspot at time of creation but it doesnt automatically change when the companies field is changed).

What Ive tried is creating a zap that is triggered by the change in the company record, and then searches for a contact that matches the company that changed, which works, but only works for the first result and apparently Zapier doesn’t let you return multiple results to a search, so only the first contact tied to that company is pulled, not multiple.

Ive tried searching for contacts in Mailchimp based on business name (which is company name from hubspot) to filter that way but zapier only lets you search for Mailchimp contacts by email, not any other field.

Any other ideas would be welcomed, or will this need outside automation from something like power Automate? does Zapier link to Power Automate?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EdScoot 

Zap action: HubSpot - Find Associations

That lets you find up to 5 associations.

e.g. 5 Contacts linked to a Company

Then you can use this Zap action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items

That allows you to iterate on the returned results.

Userlevel 1

Hi @EdScoot 

Zap action: HubSpot - Find Associations

That lets you find up to 5 associations.

e.g. 5 Contacts linked to a Company

Then you can use this Zap action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items

That allows you to iterate on the returned results.

This would work until there is more than 5 contacts in a company, I like the idea tho

Userlevel 1

I found a way around it…using active lists in HubSpot, i could add contacts to a list based on the company product, then set my zap to update mailchimp when a list was updated in hubspot, seems to work well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just came across your posts here @EdScoot and wanted to say thanks for sharing details of the workaround you implemented. Doing that is super helpful for others wanting to build a similar workflow between HubSpot and Mailchimp so we really appreciate it. 🤗

Thanks again!