Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate Google Calendar event updates or deletions based on changes or deletions in a Monday.com date column?

• 22 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey Zapier community I'm trying to update a Google calendar event based on a specific Monday.com 💻 column change, but I'm also trying to get it to where if the date column is deleted or we take out the date it's also deleted. I'm not sure if I can trigger an automation if a date column is blanked out. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Eric.Darling 

Please clarify...what is your question?

OBSERVATION: Looks like you are using a legacy version of the GCal Find Event Zap action, which should be updated to the newest version.

I'm trying to figure out how to delete an event if we clear out the date column inside of Monday.com 💻. So…. when the date column is ‘cleared’ (this would mean the event is cancelled), I want the event to be deleted in the Google calendar. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Eric.Darling 

Zap action: GCal - Delete Event

You can add a Filter step to check if the Monday Item “Date” field value “exists”.

https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

NOTE: You may want to store the GCal Event ID on the Monday Item in a column (e.g. GCal - Event - ID) for reference in the Zap to delete the GCal event, which can also be used as a Filter condition.