Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate Gmail to send Honeybook workflow emails with CC and tracking?

• 21 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi All—I don’t know if this is possible but I’m giving myself an ulcer trying to figure this out. 

sCONTEXT] I’m a wedding vendor who often has to CC a full service wedding planner on every email I send our clients. I like using Honeybook as our CRM but its a horrible email experience as it sends individual emails to every person involved—meaning, you can’t CC anyone on an email.

So if Beth is my client and Sally is the wedding planner, instead of having Sally having an email trail to see if Beth’s project has any communication errors… Sally will get every email sent to her as if she is the person I’m addressing. At best it’s not helpful, at worst it’s confusing and the planner doesn’t want to work with us ever again. 

gWHAT’S NEEDED] I’m looking for a way to bypass sending emails through honeybook while still keeping it as our CRM where the contracts, proposals, scheduling, inquiries (along with potential date conflicts), and payments are all located. I’m not looking to change Honeybook as the CRM—for the purposes I’ve just listed, this one works the best for me and I’ve spent the past 4 months trying dozens of others. 

It’s the year-long pre-scheduled workflow with variable input fields that are critical that need to CC other contacts involved in the project that is my biggest problem right now. I’d prefer to use my Gmail as it’s my business account and I would also like to track my emails. (It’s also a tool I’m already paying for.)

I’m a solopreneur so I’d like it to be as automated as possible so I don’t have to spend hours emailing clients as I have so many other things to do. 

I don’t know if I need to create a Zapier Table and that’s the best way. Or use Google Sheets with all the variables filled in for each client that the email drafts will refer back to. I’ve looking into AirTable but I don’t believe that will give me tracking capabilities. 

Apologies for the long message, I wanted to make it detailed as possible. 

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FearlessQuill 

Can you outline a specific example for us to have more context?

https://zapier.com/apps/honeybook/integrations#triggers-and-actions

What would be the Zap trigger step from Honeybook?

Action: Gmail - Send Email

What is an example of the full email template to send with the dynamic variables?

Hi Tony,

Using the link you provided, sadly, I feel like this might be kind of a Rube Goldberg thing—which is why I thought perhaps Zapier tables might be a decent fit because I honestly don’t know where I’d actually put the workflow where emails need to be triggered by variable date. At first I thought a Honeybook Task could trigger a Zap but it doesn’t look like it does.

For example, I need to request a client timeline 14 days before their wedding their wedding date. I also need to deliver items after the wedding so there are post-wedding processes that run as well.  

The only applicable honeybook trigger I can find is:

Trigger: Honeybook New Inquiry (and New Project Booked And Project Stage Changed)

Action: (Google Sheets? Tables?) New Spreadsheet Row

Variables will include:

Inquiries: {first client first name} {second client first name} {venue location} {wedding date} {wedding planner} 

For Clients would also include: {deliverable 1} {deliverable 2} {deliverable 3} {deliverable 4} {tag 1} {tag 2} {rehearsal dinner date} {brunch event}

Email—ccing {wedding planner}: 

Hi {first client first name}!

Your {wedding date} wedding is right around the corner and it’s time to schedule our final consultation. Please take a look at my calendar and choose… 

Tables might be nice because I think there’s an approve option (if I’m remembering correctly). 

Let me know if you need more information. 

Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FearlessQuill 

I’ve seen other users encountered the limitations of HoneyBook triggers/actions.

If you are trying to add an approval process, then you would need 2 Zaps.

Zap 1: HoneyBook > Zapier Tables

Zap 2: Zapier Tables > Gmail