Question

How do I automate file download and upload to SharePoint from email links?

• 23 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone, 

Hope someone can help me with this.

I am working on a flow to extract a file trough a download link from an email.

The text will be "Click this link" that contains the link inside. I want to save the file from the link and upload to SharePoint.
For now , i made a research from the forums , i made an Email Parser from Zapier , highlighted the Link from the examples that i sent to the parser emailbox but nothing made up unfortunately.

Is this possible to do my request in Zapier ? 
I made a Zap but i don’t know why it’s not working or what i’m making wrong.
Here are the screenshots :

​​​​

Any advices are useful, appreciate it !
Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mktbsd 

What is the purpose of Step 4 if no output variables are mapped to Step 5?

Make sure the provided link is a public direct download link.

You can test by copy/paste into a browser to see if a download starts immediately.

Make sure to remove the extra fields in Zap steps, when prompted.

Hi @mktbsd 

What is the purpose of Step 4 if no output variables are mapped to Step 5?

Make sure the provided link is a public direct download link.

You can test by copy/paste into a browser to see if a download starts immediately.

Make sure to remove the extra fields in Zap steps, when prompted.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,
I appreciate your time. I was looking just on forums and i thought that step 4 helped me “get” that file , in a way or another , but , even if i put the output variables from Step 4 to 5 , still nothing. I deleted the step 4 , and tried just without it , still nothing.
The link is public direct download link , i checked trough an incognito tab , so when i click the file it automatically downloads. Also , i removed those extra fields in Zap as you said.
Unfortunately , still :

Any ideas :( ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mktbsd 

Try retesting each Zap step again.

Try copy/paste the link from step 2 to see if a static url will work.

Otherwise, it may be due to the file type (.zip) or file size (see field description).

If you are still getting an error, you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@mktbsd

Try retesting each Zap step again.

Try copy/paste the link from step 2 to see if a static url will work.

Otherwise, it may be due to the file type (.zip) or file size (see field description).

If you are still getting an error, you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @Troy Tessalone 
I tried retesting , still no result :(
Also a static URL will not work. But i’ll need those links to work , since there are dynamic links , that will change everyday by a dynamic content and a timestamp that contains in the link.
I’ll give rn a message to the Zapier support and i’ll see if they can help me. 
Thanks a lot !

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mktbsd 

If you tested with a static link and it did not work, then that would be why the dynamic variable with a link value is not working.