Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I automate exporting Gmail attachment CSV data to a Google Sheet on Zapier?

• 11 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to create an automation to export csv data in gmail attachments to a google sheet. The csv docs are small (5-10 rows max) but I’m still unable to make this work. 

I’ve tried using formatter but when I test it, I don’t see any of the actual data from the csv doc. 

Any other ideas out there?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ellamais 

Good question.

Can you post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context?

Userlevel 1

The output section is not populating the data in the csv file. Any suggestions? Let me know if you need more info, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ellamais 

Can you post screenshots with how your Formatter step ‘Action’ section is configured?

Make sure you are using a CSV file.

Userlevel 1

Hi! I actually figured this out. I needed to manually change the settings in formatter to read my file correctly. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @ellamais! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗