Question

How do I automate export of time tracking data to Google Drive for analysis with ChatGPT?

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Zapier Community,

My Goal: To set up an automated process that exports time tracking data from tools like Toggl, Harvest, Clockify, or EveryHour to Google Drive at scheduled intervals (daily,weekly, etc), and then uses this data for analysis by ChatGPT.

Problem and Questions: The main challenge is that these time tracking tools do not natively support automatic data export. Additionally, when I look into these tools on Zapier, none of them have the triggers to do so. 

So I’m wondering did I overlook anything or if there is any work-arounds use cases? 

Thank you in advance for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Karry, welcome to the Community! 👋

If none of those apps have the ability to export the data automatically, perhaps we could approach this from a different angle? 

I’m thinking that you could instead store records of each time tracking entry added to those apps in a database or spreadsheet of some kind. Then you’d use a search action to pull the records added for that day, and pass that over to ChatGPT for analysis. 

I reckon Zapier Tables would be a good option to use for storing those time sheet entries in, but you can see a full list of the other database/spreadsheet type of apps we support here:

Do you think that sort of approach might work for this?

Thanks. But someone actually just told me that make.com allow Toggl reports automation. Hopefully Zapier can fix it.