Best answer

How do I automate copying new folders with CSV files from Google Drive to Amazon S3 using Zapier?

• 6 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I’m new to Zapier and trying to figure out how to build a simple workflow:

• A new folder with x number of CSV files is created in Google Drive;
  • Copy this folder with all contents to Amazon S3.

I’m able to create zaps to “listen” for new folders and create these on S3 (empty folders).

I’m also able to map zaps to updated files (each file individually) within specified folders to upload these to S3.

What I’m not able to do is to combine both steps so they work in a dynamic manner, as folder names will always be different and contents within these folders may differ as well.

Hope what I’m trying to achieve makes sense.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 March 2024, 17:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zap_user_111 

There likely isn’t going to be a “simple” way to do this.

The Zap trigger GDrive New File in Folder requires watching a specific Folder.

That means a separate Zap would need to be configured for each GDrive Folder you want to watch for new files.

It may even involve using the GDrive API via one of these advanced Zap actions:

• Custom Action
  • API Requests

Thanks Troy, just one more question please. Is there a way to reference the parent folder name? At the moment, metadata from from Google Drive trigger returns folder/path IDs, but not the name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zap_user_111 

Can you provide screenshots of a specific example to help us have more context?

Below is an example of metadata output when Google Drive “New File in Folder” trigger is tested. In the following step/zap I’m pulling a file name, but what would also help is to include the parent folder name, as this would allow to create the corresponding folder in Amazon S3, where the file would be uploaded to. At the moment I understand it pulls only folder IDs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zap_user_111 

You would have to use another Zap step to get the Parent Folder ID.

Try one of these available actions to get a Folder by ID:

• Custom Action (w/ AI)
  • API Request