Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I automate converting a daily email's PDF attachment to CSV and send it as a new email?

• 26 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to automate converting a daily email that has a pdf attachment to csv then attach to a new email to be sent out. 

What i’ve done so far: 

1. New attachment in gmail: look for new email in label (filtered all daily emails to this label; search for attachment in email.
  2. PDF.co (PDF to anything converter): set the source PDF url and the output file name to be picked up automatically. 
  3. send email in gmail: set it so that csv attachment from PDF.co is sent out to various emails. 

i’ve tested it and it works but,

issue: looking for attachment URL. I can’t tell from the entire line code which one is the pdf attachment.

There’s an image in the same email where “Attachment (exists but not shown)” and is not it. 

i’m not sure if i explained myself well enough, please ask me questions to explain more in detail

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @sigmacreed no worries! there are many people who had similar problems here. Can you attach the screenshot of the “test” step where you are stuck trying to find the attachment URL? Am I right to assume you are right now stuck after step 1 not knowing which attachment to send to step 2?

Technically pdf.co is step 2. Retrieving Gmail attachment is step 1. I'm unable to find the correct attachment url. That "attachment (exists but not shown)" is not the one. 

Sorry I tried looking for answers on the forum but are unable to

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

That is the wrong link (don’t use the ID!), use this one instead :) 

I pasted in most of the steps so you can follow!

Thank you so much for that. Can’t believe i didn’t find this answer before.

My mistake was using “new attachment in gmail” rather than “new email in gmail”