Skip to main content

Does anybody know how can I use Zapier and Zoho Campaigns to do the following in the following steps?

1. Insert contact information from a Google Sheet into a Zoho contact list
  2. Create a campaign 
  3. Send the newly created campaign to the Zoho contact list that was created.

Below is a photo: 

Hi there @Eli Queso,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’re on the right track here. However, have you tried changing the “Create Regular Campaign” action to the “Create Campaign” action?

7a9737478bb515903f0c4ad994025347.png
(view larger)

After that, try mapping the Campaign ID from the “Create Campaign” step to the “Campaign” field of the “Send Campaign” action as a custom value.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Thank you, Ken, for your assistance! My only issue right now is that when I try to create a campaign, I am not able to add body text. 

Here are the steps I have so far. I added a delay for other reasons. 

This is another zap I want triggered before sending out the campaign. The zap below adds new contacts to a contact list.

Also, please let me know if this looks correct.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi @Eli Queso,

Thanks for the update here.

Unfortunately, the “Create Campaign” action content/body field is not supported at the moment. However, we have an open feature request for that functionality. Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that.

Additionally, have you tried mapping the email address from Google Sheets to the “Sender Address” field. Like so:

e03d4be80abb1ba22defbdba11084802.png
(view larger)

Also, the “Campaign” field of the “Send Campaign” action looks for the Campaign ID from the “Create Campaign” field. Could you please try remapping that field with the Campaign ID instead?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

For the sender address, I will be putting my own email address. Also, I have created a custom zap to where it allows me to add content for the campaign I want to create. 

I guess now the only thing I am stuck on is how do I send this campaign to recipients through the Send Campaign action? Particularly, how do I use either the emails in the connected spreadsheet or a contact list as recipient of this campaign.

Hi there @Eli Queso,

It looks like the “Send Campaign” action doesn’t have the “To” field. I’m not really familiar with Zoho Campaigns, but I believe the “Send Campaign” action will send the campaign to all of your mailing list.

Additionally, the Custom Actions Beta is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side. Every API that you send a request to is going to have slightly different structures that are required.

This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected, beyond taking a general look at what's showing in Zapier.

Here are some helpful resources:

Hopefully, this helps.