Question

How do I automate closing Zendesk tickets when device names are removed from Google Sheets using Zapier?

• 11 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I need help making an automation for our displays that go offline. We are going to have a google sheet that will be getting updated every 3 hours. We would like to create an automated email that goes through our ticketing system (Zendesk) that will send the email to the end user notifying that the display is offline and then if the endpoint is not in the updated google sheet it will automatically close out the ticket in Zendesk. 1. I created a google sheet that will get regularly updated every three hours on when a display goes offline. I have it filtered to pull through the column name “Device Name” that has our device name which is the endpoint ID that we use in Airtable. 2. I added a find my record for Airtable trigger in the zap that with sync the device name to the end point ID in Airtable. 3. I added a Zendesk trigger that creates an offline ticket for the end user to receive an email that their display is offline. I am having problems trying to figure out how to close out these tickets automatically if the device name is no longer on the updated google sheet. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gia 

Why the need for using GSheets if you are already using Airtable?

Hi @Troy Tessalone We have all of our displays on a Magic Info server so the support team for Magic Info would be exporting the offline displays into a google sheet for us. We could automate the google sheet to import into a table in our Airtable base. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Gia 

My concern with using a GSheet that would be manually updated via human is that introduces a higher chance of something breaking with configured Zaps.

Perhaps use an Airtable Form View to allow them to create records into the Airtable Table.