Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate adding transcribed notes from Google Drive to Google Calendar using Zapier?

• 5 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, I'm new to Zapier, I would like to specialize in automations useful to the company.  As a first requirement I have a free version of the speechnotes app, a speech to text that automatically generates and loads the generated text in txt format, with progressive numbers for each note that is created, therefore for each new note a txt file on Google Drive.  Well, as a start, I would like to add the notes transcribed from Google Drive in txt format to Google Calendar quick event, then I would like to expand this process by adding a single database or "hub" of notifications with new lines for each Google Sheet note, but I'm having a lot of difficulty.  Please help me because it would make my working life a lot easier.  Thank you all

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Simone_Hun 

Good question.

To help us have more info, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

This is the first step to import the txt file into Google sheets, but the sheet file does not update by adding the notes imported into txt

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Simone_Hun 

The mapped variable for File Text has “No data”, which is hwy nothing is being updated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

You might try turning the Zap on and trying with a text file that you know has text in it to see how it works

Many txt notes have been loaded in the specific folder that I indicated to zapier, the notes are progressive, such as "note-12.tx" "note-13.txt" because txt files are created with each new note, the settings are all correct , but the "txt file" function always reports "no data" even if the txt files are present and are loaded, but they are not reported in the google sheet which looks like the file I attach.  The zap is obviously active, which is why I asked for your support.  Thanks for the reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

You currently have the file’s title field mapped in to the Google Sheet, which is why the title (e.g., “Nota-3.txt”) is showing up in the Google Sheet.

You actually want to map in the File field instead