Skip to main content

Context: I run a paid community on Telegram via a private channel where I provide daily information. The cost to join is $500, and the purchase process is managed through my Shopify website. Currently, after purchasing from my shopify website, users need to DM on telegram and provide a confirmation code which I manually verify before adding them to the Telegram channel. This is because I only want the people that paid to have access to the chat. This manual process is inefficient and time-consuming.

Goal: I want to automate the system so that users who purchase access via Shopify are automatically added to the Telegram channel.

My current approach: What I have in mind in order to get this accomplished, is to email the customers right after purchase, with a single-use Telegram invite link.

My problem: I have tried multiple approaches to getting this done (except using Zapier) and I just can’t seem to get it right. I have tried asking ChatGPT-4 for help, and I’ve tried to use Heroku for the coding part multiple times, yet I always get errors that don’t allow me to have everything working seamlessly.

I have also tried to export the customer data to a Google Sheet which I was successful in doing through the Coefficient extension. But I’m still not sure how to proceed from there.

So, for right now, I just discovered Zapier and given that I am new to coding and automation, I would love if anyone in the community could guide me into getting this done correctly. If you have any approaches which are different or more efficient, I am open minded to hearing them out. At the end of the day I am focused on accomplishing my goal, irregardless of how. Thanks!

Hi @Urquiza 

These are the only available Telegram Zap app triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/telegram/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Welcome to the Community, @Urquiza! 😁

Troy is correct there aren’t currently and actions available for the Telegram app on Zapier that would allow you to automatically add a user to a channel. 

I couldn’t se any existing feature requests for the ability to add/invite a user to a channel in Telegram. So I’d recommend contacting our Support team to request that they open a new feature request on your behalf. You can do that using the form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime, I’d have thought that your approach of sending an invite link by email once they’ve purchased access in Shopify should work. Can you share a screenshot of the current set up of the Zap and any errors you’re running into? I’d be happy to lend a hand in figuring out what needs to be altered to get things working. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!