Skip to main content
Question

How do I automate a Zap to transfer data from a specific Slack channel to an Airtable field?

I have set up a Zap that connects to a Slack workspace. The Zap states that when a record is created in a particular Slack channel that this data is to be migrated to an Airtable table/field. If I go into Zap and select the Transfer Data button it works great and allows me to select the records that I want. But I want to have this work so that I don’t have to select the Transfer Data link. I want it to work automatically. What else am I missing?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DianeW 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Attached are 2 screenshots that show both actions that I set up.

Thank you,

Diane W 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DianeW 

The screenshots are from the Zap VIEW mode, but it would be more helpful to see screenshots from the Zap EDIT mode. (click the button Edit Zap)

The screenshot from Step 2 does not show how the Record fields values are set with static values or dynamic variables from Step 1.