Best answer

How do I automate a reward system for packaging returns in Shopify using Zapier?

• 29 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, this question might be a stretch, but I’m trying my luck to find solution here.

We have a reward system where customers get rewarded for returning our packaging, every time when they place a new order and we deliver to them. It’s been very manual, on Shopify. The process is:

For example, when we are out delivering, pick up 5 empty jars, each gets $2 credit, so 10 dollars, we can just punch in 5 jars collected in the system, and the user's Shopify account with us gets $10 straight away.

Shopify have suggested below, but unsure if they would work. 

1. Use a loyalty program app: Smile.io or LoyaltyLion to manage the rewards program.

2. Use a delivery management app: Dispatch or Circuit to manage your deliveries and pickups. 

All apps are Shopify apps.

3. Use Zapier to automate the process: connect your loyalty program app and delivery management app and automate the process of giving users credit for returning packaging. 

For example, set up a Zap that triggers when you mark a delivery as complete in your delivery management app, and automatically credits the user's Shopify account with the appropriate amount based on the number of jars collected.

However I just looked into Shopify in Zapier and there’s no condition as ‘Order fulfilled’, or anything that would link to the reward program. Any tips would be very helpful. Thank you so much.
icon

Best answer by ken.a 29 June 2023, 08:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @danlingx,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Order Fulfilled” trigger is not available at the moment. We do have an open feature request for that exact functionality, and I have added your email address to the feature request as an interested member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking out our directory of certified Zapier Experts. They are more than capable of assisting you in creating a custom integration, as long as the app's API allows it, and can help you optimize your workflow. You can connect with our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊