Best answer

How do I auto save a new email through gmail with a label to my google drive as a PDF or html?

• 20 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I don’t have any paid services, using free email and zapier accounts, we get lots of receipts in email that are in the body of the email, not attachments.  I have the attachment piece working correctly.  I need to get it to store the email in our receipts folder.  

icon

Best answer by GSTroop1480 20 April 2023, 20:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @GSTroop1480 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure we’re on the same page, are you referring to a Zap that doesn’t work as expected?

If so, could you send screenshots of how you’ve configured the steps of the Zap? Also, a screenshot of the email outcome that you mentioned.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Looking forward to your response!

I can’t find anything that will work but right now I have an extension in chrome that allows me to print to pdf and it saves to gdrive in the same extension automatically.  I’d like to do this automatically, either print with a Zap or auto save as PDF with a zap.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for sharing your end solution with us @GSTroop1480. Glad to hear you were able to sort this out! 

I wonder if this similar thread could work for this:

You may need to use the “New Email Matching Search” to make sure it only triggers on specific emails though. Full transparency though, this workflow would require a paid plan since it’s a multi-step zap.

That said, in lieu of that it sounds like you may have gotten a pretty good flow figured out with your chrome extension!

I hope some of this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions! 🧡