Best answer

How do I auto-reply in a specific Slack-message-thread?

• 29 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

To clearify what I want to do. 

1. In Slack, there is a channel called "Serbia-production."
  2. In the Slack channel named "Serbia-production," there is already a message named "BLV@BLV.SE."
  3. In the Slack message "BLV@BLV.SE," we communicate through its built-in thread about the project.
  4. When a project is completed, I want an automatic text reply message to be sent to the thread above.
  5. We only communicate about specific clients in specific threads under specific messages in a specific channel.
  • I want a specific threaded message to be sent to that specific thread through an auto-reply to the thread.

I cannot see that there is a Zapier/Slack automation for this.
    The message should be in a specific message thread located in a specific channel.

​​​​​​​How can I solve this?
icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 August 2023, 19:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rojhat Telo Bygglovsverket 

Good question.

What indicates the project is completed?

Userlevel 1

Hi! So the example above is an typical way we communicate about everyprojekt woth the mail name. But the. Slack channel is always the same, but diff message(name@mail.com). 

When a card is moves in trello, the trigger is the indacator of that the project is finished. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rojhat Telo Bygglovsverket 

Try these Zap steps.

1. Trigger: Trello - Card Moved to List
  2. Action: Slack - Find Message
  3. Action: Slack - Send Channel Message
    1. Use the Thread ID

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you, it worked! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thats great news @Rojhat Telo Bygglovsverket! I’m glad Troy pointed you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊