Question

How do I auto-create a new Google Drive folder with the client name when a contract is signed in Dubsado?

• 15 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I want to create a zap where every time a client signs a new contract in Dubsado Google Drive first of all creates a new folder with the client name on it. I have managed to set this up but I am getting lost on the second part of this step which is that I then want Zapier to add to that new folder a copy of a client template spreadsheet (google sheets). 

When I get to the end of setting that part up it’s asking me for the folder to add the document to but the name of this folder will change every time a new client signs up. Can anyone help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @NBVirtual,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please send a screenshot of the “Action” section of your action steps that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

@ken.a - Sure please find screenshots below. Let me know if you need any other info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @NBVirtual,

It looks like your Zap setup is on the right track here. Could you please try mapping the Folder ID as a custom value from the 2nd step to the “Folder” field in the “Copy File” step?

This will copy the file on the newly created folder with the Client’s name.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

i think I have done that but get this message

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @NBVirtual,

Could you please send a screenshot your current “Copy File” step setup? I have a hunch here that you may have mapped the Folder ID to the “File” field.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

@ken.a Apologies I was ill and totally missed this before. Here are some screenshots, let me know if they are the ones that you want otherwise happy to screen record myself walking through the zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @NBVirtual,

Thanks for the screenshot!

It looks like the issue here is the mapped ID in the “File” field. You mapped the ID from the “Create Folder” step. Could you please remap the “File” field with the ID from the “Find File” step?

29de7c79c9176c1c19f72f2e13522ac8.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!