Question

How do I attach the triggering file from Dropbox as a PDF in an outgoing email?

• 18 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello -

I am creating a ZAP so whenever I drop an invoice into a dropbox folder, that new file will trigger a zap to email it out as a PDF as well. I have the zap built, the email works fine, but I cannot figure out how to add the triggering file (that started the zap) to the outgoing email as the PDF attachment. Any ideas how to use the trigger file as the pdf attachment as well?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @AlinTim,

You should be able to easily attach the PDF file from the trigger to the email action step by mapping the PDF file to the "Attachment" field. Are you finding this a bit tricky? If you're encountering any issues, could you kindly share a screenshot of any error messages you're seeing in the Zap? This will help us understand the situation better.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thank you. What

t I am doing is triggering an email by the action of adding a new file (invoice) to dropbox. That email will go to the client. What i need to happen is that trigger invoice file is then attached to the email and sent out. Each new file should trigger a new email and attach the individual pdf (invoice) to it. 

Userlevel 1

Hello?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @AlinTim,

You’re on the right track here, I also noticed in the screenshot that the “File” data returns as “No data”. Could you please try remapping the “Attachment” field with the “direct_media_link”?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Would i use the “No data” field in conjunction with the link? @ken.a 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AlinTim,

I would suggest removing the “File” data in the “Attachment” field and only leaving the “direct_media_link”.

2b58cc658664151eed4b37e816d17096.png
(view larger)

Userlevel 1

This seems to be working. Thank you!

I will test this a few times then upload the 172 files and hope it works!

I have some questions about Uk49s Teatime Lottery. I am telling this question in this thread. These questions are given below:

1. What is the most common winning numbers?
2. How to participate in Uk49s teatime Lottery?
3. Is It Legit to play or not?

If someone has information has Uk49s Lottery tell me below. I am very confused.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AlinTim,

You are most welcome!

We would appreciate it if you could keep us updated on the results of your testing.

Please keep us posted! 😊