Question

How do I assign tasks from a Typeform submission to different Asana projects for multiple contractors?

• 18 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I currently have a Zap set up to do the following: 

• A client submits a typeform
  • A new task is added to a specific Asana project

This automates a workflow for one of my contractors. Clients submit a request, the request pops up in his Asana project, and we’re good to go.

I’m now adding another contractor to the team and I’d like them to have separate Asana projects to keep things easy.

Ideally, I could adjust my Zap to do the following:

• A client submits a typeform
  • Every other task is added to Asana project 1 and Asana project 2

So, let’s say Mary, John and Nick all submit the typeform. I’d like the zap to send Mary to Contractor 1’s Asana Project, John to Contractor 2’s Project and Nick to Contractor 1’s Project.

Is there any way to do this?

I’m open to other options (if every other isn’t available) but really just need a way to randomly send those tasks to different projects.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @carlya, welcome to the Community 😊

Yes, you can do this with Zapier! Handing out work/data this way is often called a ‘round robin’ and there’s an article in the Zapier help center that explains how you can do it: Storage Examples in Zaps (scroll down to “Example Use - Round Robin”)

One Zapier skill that you’ll need for this is to understand how to dynamically map data into dropdown fields. That’s a complicated way of saying that when an app has a drop-down list of items (eg assignee), if you want to choose a different item each time the Zap runs, you need to do that in a specific way. Here’s a help doc that explains how to do that: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

I hope that gets you pointed in the right direction, let us know if you have any questions!