Question

How do I assign/discard specific Discord roles based on WordPress site subscriptions?

• 20 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.

I need path:
- if someone buys / has an active subscription on the website (wordpress) then he has a specific role on the Discord channel
- if the subscription ends, this role is taken away from him

Is it possible via Zapier?
​Sprawdź szczegóły

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Anna93 

Good question.

Try adding a Filter step to the Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

WooCommerce Zap trigger:

Available Discord Zap app actions:

Thank you for your answer.

For me it is incomprehensible how discord is supposed to find a user. There is no username field in the order in Discord.

Hi,

does anyone know if I can buy a more expensive plan to support me in such integration as I described help?

Because I see that the problem here is unknown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Anna93, welcome to the Community! 👋

Ah, yes it’s currently only possible to search for a user by username so if that information isn’t captured in WooCommerce when ordering, a Find User (Discord) action isn’t going to allow you to locate the correct user in Discord. A more expensive plan wouldn’t solve this unfortunately.

We have an existing feature request for the ability to search for users by email which would allow you to take the email address associated with the WooCommerce order and search for the corresponding user in Discord. This was discussed previously in Community here: 

I’ve gone and added your vote to that feature request as it would be what you’d need to get the Zap to assign to role to the correct user in Discord. I can’t make any promises as to when/if that feature request would be added but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

In the meantime, one workaround I can think of would be to add an additional required field to the checkout so that when customers place an order you’re able to capture their Discord username. This would allow it to be sent through from WooCommerce along with the other order details. Not an ideal solution I know, but hopefully it’ll help to get you up and running in the meantime?

Thank you very much for your answer.

I added a username field in the order form. It still does not work.

My subscription is paid for by the Stripe plugin. Not PayPal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anna93 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have context.