Question

How do I ask for user input, or go to Zapier Interface for user input in the middle of a zap?

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I created a Zapier interface asking for a user’s email address. Once the user taps submit, it is supposed to look up the user in a connected app. If there user exists, I have a path for that. 

If the user does not exist, I want to stop and ask the user for their additional contact information (first and last name). 

How can I send a user to a form for another zap at the end of a zap, and pass the original email into the email field?

For example, a user gives the input me@gmail.com on a zapier Interface. The zap then looks them up in a connected app. If the user exists it runs one path. 
If the user does not exist, I want to send the user to another Zapier Interface (form) that sends the email address (me@gmail.com) and in addition prompts for additional contact information. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @ocwayne! 👋

For that type of workflow you’d ideally need an action to send the information back to the Interfaces page and there isn’t any such action currently. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests to have that sort of functionality added to Zapier Interfaces, so I’d suggest reaching out the Interfaces team to have one opened up. You can get in touch with them using the form here: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces

In the meantime, perhaps a workaround might be to use the Zap to send new users an email with a link to the different form that would capture the additional contact information? It’s possible to create links that are pre-populated with information so you could have their email address already filled out. See our Fill form fields in advance in Zapier Interfaces guide for more details on how to do that.

If you do give that workaround a try and run into any trouble do let us know - happy to help further! 🙂