Question

How do I aggregate my cross-functional work into a single task management hub using Zapier?

• 2 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m a developer supporting multiple teams, and tracking my work has become a massive undertaking. 

I am assigned tasks across multiple Monday boards, but Monday does not offer an out-of-box option for viewing all of my work in one (KanBan) board..

I correspond with coworkers via Slack, but my cross-functional work requires that communication is spread across many different Slack channels. 

I struggle with ADHD and desperately need a way to aggregate all of my work into a single source of truth. Zapier seems like it might be able to help, but I can’t seem to figure out a way to bring it all together.

What I’d like to do:

• Create a “hub” (possibly in Notion, but open to other tools) that lists To Do items that I can move around according to order of importance or priority level
  • When a Slack message or thread mentions my user name, add a To Do item to the hub and link it to the message or thread
  • When I add a specific emoji to a message, add a To Do item to the hub and link it to the message or thread
  • When a task is assigned to me in Monday, add a To Do item to the hub and link it to the task in Monday

Is this even possible with Zapier?  (It seems as though Zaps can’t pull from threaded messages, which is seriously disappointing)

If this is possible, what type of Zapier account would I need and what are the steps that I’d need to take?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @JMDev,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You will need a Paid Plan since your workflow might contain a multi-step Zap (1 trigger and 2 or more action steps). Regarding your workflow about,

• When a Slack message or thread mentions my user name, add a To Do item to the hub and link it to the message or thread
  • When I add a specific emoji to a message, add a To Do item to the hub and link it to the message or thread

You will need to use the “New Mention” and the “New Reaction Added” trigger with the “Create Database Item” action in Notion. This will require you to setup 2 different Zaps for this workflow.

Regarding this workflow:

• When a task is assigned to me in Monday, add a To Do item to the hub and link it to the task in Monday

You will need to use the “New Item in Board” trigger for monday.com with the “Create Database Item” action in Notion.

Hopefully, this helps.