Skip to main content

Hi there. I am having trouble setting up a Zap between my webflow website and hubspot. When someone fills out the contact us form on the website, I just want them to be added to a list on hubspot. How do I do this and link all the properties correctly. 

On my contact form on my website, we only have ‘name’ as a property, not first name and last name. How do I fix all this so that it will work correctly? 

Best,

Hi there @Jono Rieger,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hi @Jono Rieger 

Help link for configuring Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me . Screenshots attach of what I have set up. I published it and the filled out the contact form on my website, and it didnt go through to the list on hubspot that I have set up. 

Any ideas? 

Cheers.

@Jono Rieger 

You have a static value set for the Contact Email field.

Instead, use the +] button to map a dynamic variable from Step 1.

If there are other fields you are trying to map that have a ...], that allows you to switch between “Static” and “Custom” modes for setting field values.

Thanks for the heads up! 

What should I set it as so that people who fill the contact form out off our website get added to the list in hubspot I created? 

Cheers!

@Jono Rieger 

Map a variable from Step 1 that represents an email address.

Hi Troy,

Is this the right one? Screenshot attached.

@Jono Rieger 

No screenshots was attached.

Woops! Attached now 

@Jono Rieger 

Yes, the Contact Email field shows a dynamic variable named “Data Email” that is mapped from Step 1 and has a value that is an email address.

When in doubt, test it out.

Try turning your Zap ON and testing live.

Then check your Zap Runs history: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Individual Zap Run history details will show the DATA IN/OUT for each step.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the help. However it is still not working when I fill out it off our website. Are you able to spell out exactly how to do this? I dont understand why this is not working. 

Cheers

@Jono Rieger 

You likely need to add this Zap action step before: HubSpot - Create or Update Contact

Logic is such that in order to add a HubSpot Contact to a HubSpot List, the HubSpot Contact needs to first exist.

Thanks a bunch for all the help here Troy.

However, that is not going to work for me, as these are people who are not going to be contact already. This is a simple contact form off our website, for people who are encountering the business for the first time. 

Are you able to tell me in simple terms how I can make submissions on my website form get added into a hubspot list? 

@Jono Rieger 

Zap Steps

1. Trigger: Webflow - Form Submission
  2. Action: HubSpot - Create or Update Contact
    1. Description: Creates a new contact or updates an existing contact based on email address.
  3. Action: HubSpot - Add Contact to List
    1. Contact needs to first exist before a contact can be added to a List
      1. That is the purpose of Step 2

Hi Troy.

Is step 3 adding a new action (like in screenshot) or is it within Step 2 ?

@Jono Rieger 

Step 3 would be the Zap step with the #3.

Great - and have I configured the 3rd one right (screenshot?)

@Jono Rieger 

This shows Zap 2 is not configured/tested based on the yellow ( ! ) icon.

This shows Zap 3 is missing and not configured at all, which should be the same Zap step that you previously had as Zap step 2.

This should be your Zap step 3.

Sorry this is extremely confusing. 

I dont have any of those warnings now? 

@Jono Rieger 

Your previous screenshot had those warnings.

Now, try turning your Zap ON and testing again.

Then check your Zap Runs history: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Individual Zap Run history details will show the DATA IN/OUT for each step.

Right so there should be 3 zaps like how I have set out? Or two? 

@Jono Rieger 

Zap Steps

1. Trigger: Webflow - Form Submission
  2. Action: HubSpot - Create or Update Contact
    1. Description: Creates a new contact or updates an existing contact based on email address.
  3. Action: HubSpot - Add Contact to List
    1. Contact needs to first exist before a contact can be added to a List
      1. That is the purpose of Step 2

When you say 1. Description - are you just saying what is happening or am I supposed to put that in somewhere? 

@Jono Rieger 

The Description is from the screenshot.

Im just so confused. What do you mean? I dont have that anywhere. Do you know if Zapier has any customer support who can do this for me?