Question

How do I add/update a subscriber in Mailchimp with their email when a Webhook is triggered?

• 19 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi All

i am trying to create a “Add/Update Subscriber in Mailchimp” Zap / webhook, but i cannot seem to get past the action stage.

it is asking me to do the following:

• Subscriber Email (required)

Enter text…

The email address of the subscriber you want to subscribe to this audience. Please don't type an email address in this field, instead this should use a value from a previous step in your ZapLearn more here.

however, it is not presenting me with any options on what should be in this field. Can anyone advise?

thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey @daniel.w, welcome to the Community!

Where the Zap says that you need to use a value from a previous step in the Zap, it means that if you click in the field, you’ll see information from the previous steps of the Zap. You then choose a field from one of those steps, in this case an email address

Here’s a screenshot of what that looks like and I recorded a gif here.

You can learn more about adding information from previous Zap steps (‘mapping’ fields) in this help doc: Send data between steps by mapping fields

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!