Skip to main content
Question

How do I add posts in Google My Business in Polish?

• 5 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I’m creating a zap that generates posts with the help on a GTP assistant, then choses a file from dropbox and publishes post on Google My Business. It works, but the company is Polish, the post is also written in Polish, yet somehow the output data has English language paramenter. I causes our posts to display translation options in Google

Configuration
My post

When I go through the zap, I don’t see any field to configure the language code in the My Business module. When I log into my control panel of Google my Business, the preferred language is set to Polish. Logically thinking, there must be a way to publish posts in other languages than English without them appear to be translated. I would be thankful for any suggestions. Take care!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Gogler_Marketing_Agency, welcome to the Community! 😁 

You’re right, it doesn’t look like there’s any current fields available that would allow you to set the language for the post. I can’t see any existing feature requests for this so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to ask that a new feature request for the ability to set a language when creating a post in Google My Business.

In the meantime, perhaps you can try using an API Request (Beta) action to create the post, as that should give you more control over what information is sent and allow you to specify the language code. I should note that it’s a more advanced action as you’d need to reference Google’s API documentation to set up the request. Looking at the API documentation for the Google My Business it looks as though you might need to use their accounts.locations.localPosts.create endpoint. If that’s something you’d like to explore we have a general guide on how to set up API Request actions that I’d recommend checking out here: Set up an API request action

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions just let us know!

@SamB thank you for the reply,
I contacted support, but they said the problem is cause my my Google My Business configuration. I checked it again and it seems correct - we have no issues creating posts manually.

I looked into using API Request (Beta) as you kindly adviced and I think I found the source of my problem. When making an API request to Google My Company, there is a language code attribute, and when it’s not set in the request it is automatically set to English.

I’d like to try and use API Request, but I have no idea how to fill the URL field. Is it my business profile url?  I looked at the provided documentation but it is not really helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @Gogler_Marketing_Agency.

I’m not super familiar with the Google My Business API but it in the URL field on the API Request action you’d need to enter the API endpoint for the type of request you’d want to add. For example if you wanted to use the accounts.locations.localPosts.create endpoint you’d use the URL referenced Google’s API documentation (e.g. https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v4/{parent=accounts/*/locations/*}/localPosts):
f4155d62953d0c4120f0e2e99f3800fc.png
For example:
9538a88930e488db37deab505624e19e.png
And in that URL field you’d update the * characters in the {parent=accounts/*/locations/*} section with the name of the account and location in which to create the local post. 

For the Body of the request their documentation seems to suggest that you’d want to reference the LocalPost documentation here: https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/v4/accounts.locations.localPosts#LocalPost

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this, eager to ensure you’re all set! 🙂