Question

How do I add new WPForms contacts to an existing Salesforce campaign?

• 28 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I am trying to take WPForms entries and create them as new contacts in Salesforce, then add that new contact to an existing campaign. I am having trouble adding the contact to an existing Salesforce campaign. It keeps asking me for a Contact, and has a list of names, however, I want the NEW contact to be added to the Campaign. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @youreyes 

Good question.

You’ll likely need to map the Salesforce Contact ID between Zap steps.

Post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

This is where I am getting confused. It successfully creates a new contact. However, the “Search” shows a list of contacts, which doesn’t seem right. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@youreyes 

The Contact field expects a Salesforce Contact ID.

Try mapping the Contact ID from Step 2.

I tried that but I was unsure of how it worked. For example, in my test, I imported John Doe. Then, in that field, I see John Doe’s name and contact ID - however, what will happen on the next record? Will it update automatically every time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@youreyes 

You need to map the dynamic variable of the Contact ID from step 2.

Help: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

When in doubt, test it out.

I am now getting this error:

Salesforce

Could not create record of the "Contact" object: duplicate value found: caseman__ClientID__c duplicates value on record with id: 003UI000001QPFIYA4

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@youreyes 

Error is indicating your Salesforce rules have detected a duplicate and indicates the existing record ID.