Question

How do I add new excel files to google sheet and filter which ones are new or updated?

• 23 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello

id like to build the following 

• trigger: new excel file in folder
  • action: add table from new excel file to an existing Google sheet
  • action: remove duplicate rows from merged tables in the Google sheet 
  • action: highlight to me which rows have changed or which rows are new in the Google sheet

im new to Zapier so any help would be highly appreciated! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ramz 

What data point would be used to determine the duplicates?

Hi @Troy Tessalone - it will be the first column, which is a links to unique LinkedIn profiles

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ramz 

Where is the Folder being used in the trigger step? (e.g. in GDrive)

Is it an Excel file, a GSheet file, or a CSV file?

action: highlight to me which rows have changed or which rows are new in the Google sheet

This can’t be done via Zapier.

You could instead include a timestamp in a column to help you understand when data was added.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone 

It’s actually a CSV file, I tried using Formatter but there is a size limit (<150k...)

The folder is in Gdrive

What is timestamp? Is that a formula in excel or gsheets?

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ramz 

How big are the CSV files?

How many rows are in the CSV files?

Error: CSV Import only supports file sizes < 150K

The Import CSV File utility only supports importing files that are 150 KB or less in size (around 1,000 rows of a 10 column CSV file). You'll need to split the CSV file into multiple files if it's too large.

You can try the Looping option for handling a CSV file so you can find else create records: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

NOTE: Looping has a 500 record limit.