Best answer

How do I add line breaks to a block of text?

• 22 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to format the description on a zap. Essentially a form gets pushed to zapier and zapier pushes it out but the text is in one line, I’m looking for something similar to the <P> in HTML. I had a look at formatter but it doesn’t look like it will do what I need, thanks!

Currently it looks like this:

Question number one Question number one answer Question number two Question number two answer Question number three Question number three answer 

Ideally I would rather have it:

Question number one

Question number one answer

Question number two

Question number two answer

Question number three

Question number three answer

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 April 2022, 18:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @moanofarc 

Good question.

Often times a custom Code step can be needed to handle and format data.

https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

We’d need to see real data with the actual input formatting in order to determine the logic to transform it into the desired output format.

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to format the description on a zap. Essentially a form gets pushed to zapier and zapier pushes it out but the text is in one line, I’m looking for something similar to the <P> in HTML. I had a look at formatter but it doesn’t look like it will do what I need, thanks!

Currently it looks like this:

Question number one Question number one answer Question number two Question number two answer Question number three Question number three answer 

Ideally I would rather have it:

Question number one

Question number one answer

Question number two

Question number two answer

Question number three

Question number three answer

Same question

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @moanofarc happy to see what’s possible here! Which form app are you using and where are you sending the data? Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@moanofarc just checking in here once more! With more information about your workflow, the better we can dig into this and get you pointed in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing back!