Best answer

How do I add labels to connections between contacts and tickets in HubSpot?

• 20 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to do the above? What I know is possible: 

• Find and create associations between tickets and contacts and tickets and companies

What I’d like to do:

• When creating that association, also apply a HubSpot Association Label to the item being associated. I don’t seem to be able to see Association Label IDs nor a place to put them in Zapier. 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 May 2024, 04:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @daclift 

You’d likely have to add another Zap step to update a HubSpot record based on the Record ID.

Thanks Troy - I’m not sure that gets me where I need to be. The Custom Object in HubSpot is not the same as an Association Label. 

In attempting the above, I see the following: 

The Association Label is a sub-detail under Associations, and I’m not sure I’ve seen that functionality in Zapier. There are Hubspot plug-ins I can use, but I’d love to stay within Zapier if possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@daclift 

In that case, you would likely have to use the HubSpot API: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/associations

Try one of these approaches:

• HubSpot - Custom Action
    • AI will help you create
  • HubSpot - API Request

Thanks Troy, I’ll get to work on the API request. 

Doug

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @daclift,

I imagine you probably already got what you need but wanted to chime in just in case…

In the screenshot of your original post, the ‘Type of the association’ in the zap step is where you apply the association label. You will need to create the association label first in HubSpot here:

I put together a detailed video walking through an example of how to automatically apply an association label in HubSpot using Zapier. The 12:15 mark is about where it discusses the setup for applying the association label in the zap step. Earlier in the video I walk through setting up an association label in HubSpot.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier.