Best answer

How do I add 'Find Charge' or 'Find Payment' triggers for specific Stripe products in Zapier?

• 19 September 2023
  • 6 replies

I saw another post that requested how to connect to specific products in Stipe and one of the responses included trying to add “Find Charge” or “Find Payment” and link it directly to the payment ID from Stripe.  I would like to do this, but “Find Charge” or “Find Payment” is not in my dropdown menu as a trigger to choose.  How do I get these options?

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 September 2023, 17:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @phil2feb 

Good question.

Those are Stripe Zap actions.

Thank you for the quick response.  Do you know how to get those actions to appear in the action list after connecting to Stripe.  They are not showing up as an option in my Stripe action list.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@phil2feb 

Zap apps have triggers and actions.

Here are the Stripe Zap app available triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/stripe/integrations#triggers-and-actions

The options below are actions and can only be used as actions in Zap steps. (not as Step 1)

Thank you.  thank you. thank you.

I was misunderstanding what was meant by second step.  Here it is in the visual editor.  Worked perfectly!!

So….I spoke too soon.

The testing of the Zap went great.

Had to update from free version to publish it.  No problem.  Updated it.

However, I set up Zaps for two different products using this method.  Zapier is not differentiating between the two products using the Payment Intent ID or the Charge ID, from the payment details.

Whenever a customer purchases a product, Zapier is triggering both product Zaps, adding the customer in Brevo to both lists and sending out both products to their email.

I’m guessing I am doing something wrong, but have not been able to figure it out.

Appreciate any help.  thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @phil2feb,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

The “New Payment in Stripe” trigger triggers for all payments in Stripe and it’s not possible to trigger on specific payments/products. However, you can add the Filter by Zapier app for the Zap to only continue on the specific product.

You can use the product name as your condition for the filter step. You can learn more about Filter by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557#1-add-a-filter-step-0-0

Hopefully, this helps! 😊