Best answer

How do I add "description" when creating a new event on eventbrite?

• 13 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am new to Zapier and still learning. My action is to create a new event on Eventbrite. On the Eventbrite, user can add a short summary (max 140 character) and a description of the event (allow more words). 
However, the provided setup actions in the zap do not include “description” of a new event as shown below. How do I add “description” in this workflow? 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 November 2022, 11:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Event brite has deprecated Description field from API, which is why I think it’s not available in Zapier connector. Please refer below URL and screenshot

https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/docs/create-events

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Event brite has deprecated Description field from API, which is why I think it’s not available in Zapier connector. 

https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/docs/create-events

Hey there, @SunnyC! I wanted to pop in and confirm that @subhash is absolutely correct. The description field isn’t info that’s sent to us when an event is created in Eventbrite unfortunately. 😔

While not as detailed as description, do you think the summary field could be used instead?

Thanks for flagging this in community! 

Userlevel 1

@christina.d @subhash Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately, the summary field has a limitation of 400 characters. Therefore, it is almost not automated workflow without the description field in my opinion, since this field will contain most information about an event. 

I am new to Zapier, any suggestion of how to implement it ourself in the workflow?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @SunnyC!

The difficulty is that Eventbrite aren’t sending the description information. As @subhash shared, the description end point has been deprecated in the API, which means that there is no way to get that field except from getting it direct from eventbrite. The API is like a messenger that goes to and from Eventbrite, and by deprecating the Description endpoint, Eventbrite have said ‘the messenger will no longer carry or receive event descriptions’. So, I don’t think that there is a way to do this 😞

Userlevel 1

Hi @SunnyC!

The difficulty is that Eventbrite aren’t sending the description information. As @subhash shared, the description end point has been deprecated in the API, which means that there is no way to get that field except from getting it direct from eventbrite. The API is like a messenger that goes to and from Eventbrite, and by deprecating the Description endpoint, Eventbrite have said ‘the messenger will no longer carry or receive event descriptions’. So, I don’t think that there is a way to do this 😞

Thanks a lot for the explanation!!