Best answer

How do I add an organization to an existing opportunity in Affinity using Zapier?

• 6 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to add an organization to an existing opportunity in Affinity, but cannot find the option to do so in the update an entity job, is there a different way to do this, or an open feature request for this?

icon

Best answer by ry.schwei 7 March 2024, 00:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dwhalen 

To help give us more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy,

I don’t have any specific workflow that this is attached to, I just don’t see a place in the “Update entity” Zap where there is an option to do this. 

I can see in this question, linked below, that it also doesn’t have the option to add a person to an organization. 

The architecture for adding an organization to an opportunity would likely be the same, and when looking at the update entity zap, it appears the same behavior is occurring (i.e. I can see the fields for the organization, like description, but not the organization itself). 

I’m moreso asking if there was a new step added or anything that addressed the above question that might also cover this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @dwhalen

You may need to use a webhook step: https://zapier.com/blog/what-are-webhooks/

Here’s the endpoint I think you need to use for your desired outcome.

Best,
Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with Zapier and HubSpot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dwhalen 

If you need to use the app API approach here are resources to reference: