Question

How do I add an attendee to an event made on the team calendar with the creator's email?

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to add attendee to an event made on team google calendar made via pipedrive. 

it only has info of summary, organizor/creater mail and time. 

I am try to use 

trigger: new event in google calendar: select the team calendar

action1: find event: creator: myself

action2: add attendees to in google calendar: with the one found on above

but does not work at all. 

wish I can get some advise on this. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @henry jung, welcome to the community!

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with your Zap, let’s try to get you up and running. I want to make sure that we know what you’re trying to do so we can best help you. When you say that you are trying to add an attendee to an event in Google Calendar, what attendee/s are you trying to add?

Could I check that your Zap uses the New event trigger and then also uses the Find event step? Or are you using the New event in Calendar trigger and then a filter step to filter the Zap so it only continues if you are the event creator? Update event Add Attendee/s to Event. 

Could I also ask which Google Calendar action you’re using to add the attendees to the event? Is it the Add Attendee/s to Event action or the Update Event action? If you could share a screenshot of how that action is set up (so we can see what information you have in the different fields) that would be really helpful. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers, 

The scenario: 

• we use team calendar as a team, so one calendar, multiple users. 
  • I create schedule in my crm, pipedrive, it will sync and create a schedule in our team calendar, which is hard to tell which schedule is whose. 
  • so I want to add attendees to the schedule once the schedule is added to our team calendar, with the info of organizor/creator info that the crm sends the GCal. 

Current situation:

• when I try to use zapier to do so, I could find an event that is already there and add attendee there. 
  • but I could not set up the zap to do so for the event newly created. 

Request: I need help on below

• Tigger: when the new event is added to our team calendar
  • action: zap copies the creator/organizor info into the attendee info
  • result: the creator will be invited to the schedule and the schedule would appear on their personal calendar. 

please let me know if you need further info. wish we could set this up for our team, company and so on. 

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@henry jung Hi there, wanted to see if I could be of any additional assistance! I believe I understand your request as in you need to be able to trigger on both new and existing events, is that correct? Have you tried using this trigger? 👇

If yes, can I please request screenshots of your Zap setup, omitting personal information? This will really help us get a visual on where to start and make adjustments to get your Zap working!