Question

How do I add a PagerDuty Trigger Event?

• 15 December 2023
  • 12 replies

I am trying to create a Zap that will create a PagerDuty incident when someone reacts to a slack message. I’m at the PagerDuty action step, and I’m stuck at Integration Key part. I’m basically having the same exact problem as the person that posted this: 

I read through the documentation that the support person replied with, but that wasn’t helpful. Can you provide me with any advice here please?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ballerboba 

Help us have more context by posting screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured and indicating where you are having issues.

@Troy Tessalone Here you go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ballerboba 

The screenshots don’t give us context about the app/event only the field.

Did you review this help article from PagerDuty?

https://www.pagerduty.com/docs/guides/zapier-integration-guide/

@Troy Tessalone Here’s another screenshot. Yes I reviewed that. It wasn’t helpful because it doesn’t discuss integration keys

Well it does mention going to the Integrations menu and selecting API Access Keys, but PagerDuty does not offer that in the Integrations menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ballerboba 

I’d recommend reaching out to PagerDuty Support for help with their Zap app integration.

@Troy Tessalone do you mind just explaining exactly what is supposed to go in that “Integration Key” field that Zapier is requiring?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ballerboba 

Check the field description for guidance.

Otherwise, reach out to PagerDuty Support for possible guidance.

@Troy Tessalone do you mind just explaining exactly what is supposed to go in that “Integration Key” field that Zapier is requiring?

@ballerboba Were you able to solve this issue? I have the same problem and my API key has full write permissions. Documentation is not clear about this issue at all.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @EmDrive,

You should be able to see the “Integration Key” under “Zapier” in PagerDuty. Like so:

b0e7a005654788667bb167d167808757.png
(view larger)

After that, you can paste the Integration Key on the “Integration Key” field as a custom value. Like so:

c0a25d3d874338e2e45d9153eb0aa0bb.png
(view larger)

If you can’t find the Integration Key. I’d recommend reaching out to PagerDuty support for this.

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I know where the integration key is in Pagerduty but I can’t do anything on the Zapier side of things or how can I add it there and I’m not sure what to do next.

If I search by the Integration Key value, I get something like:

If I don’t enter any value I get this: 

I hope this can clarify my question

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @EmDrive,

You can add the Integration Key on the “Integration Key” field as a custom value. Like so:

eca63fb97c3391b6ae8b1b7b1769755e.png
(view larger)

More about using custom value in Zaps here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps#01H7FR09FB5MSJS9EXGERG4ZAD

Hopefully, this helps!