Best answer

How do I add a date in a specific format?

• 23 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I've looked and tried multiple things but simply can not figure it out so here I am. 

I want to Tweet the time and date exactly like this:

9:00 Monday 23rd January 2023

Accompanied by an image. I have the image all sorted (the part I thought would be the most difficult but was very simple)

Currently I am using the below as my Message in the Tweet section of my Zap:

Which is ALMOST right, except it is not including the 2 digits of the Minutes and is not including the date quite how I’d like.

Is there a way to simply input the format like you would in BB code or similar? I simply can not work out how the Formatter integrates into the next section of the Zap.

Thanks for any assistance you can give

icon

Best answer by LdnWx 23 January 2023, 12:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @LdnWx!

Hmm, you could use a Formatter (Date / Time > Format) action to convert the date into the desired custom date format. 

For the input you’d select the field that contains the date you’re looking to convert. Then in the To Format field you’d select the Custom value option and then type in the format you want. Which would be H:mm dddd Do MMMM YYYY  

For example:
937cde28337521436e563a8191d0aa56.png
Then should then output the date in the format you’re after (9:00 Monday 23rd January 2023). You might also want to check out this guide for more information: Modify date and time formats in Zaps

Hope the above info is helpful. Please do let us know how you get on with this! 🙂

Badge

For the input you’d select the field that contains the date you’re looking to convert. Then in the To Format field you’d select the Custom value option and then type in the format you want. Which would be H:mm dddd Do MMMM YYYY  

For example:
937cde28337521436e563a8191d0aa56.png
Then should then output the date in the format you’re after (9:00 Monday 23rd January 2023). 

I tried this, but how do I select that to be entered into my Tweet?

That is where I got lost. 

Badge

Worked it out by giving the date formatter section a really unique name and then I saw it in the dropdown, chose it and all good.

Thanks for the help