Question

How do I access audit logs via API and implement approval process for creating Zaps?

• 10 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello
I have two questions while checking the security features of the zapier.
1. Can I get audit log in api?
2. Is it possible to apply the approval procedure for the part that creates the zap itself?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @fifaonline 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

hello @Charie 

1. Can I get the audit log of the organization using the rest api of zapier?
    If not, is there only a way to crawl?
  2. Is it possible to implement in an organization that the admin approves the creation of zaps by members themselves?
Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @fifaonline 

Jumping in to see if I can help! Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Do you mean that you want to get the internal logs of Zapier?
  2. It’s not possible. However, if you’re working with a team, I suggest getting the Team or Company plan so you can control who gets access to your Zapier account.

Also, are you trying to build an app integration with Zapier?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Brem 

1. yes
  2. 😭

Yes, we are planning to create various workflows using Zapier. However, in order to use zapier in our company, we need a more detailed log than the audit log provided by zapier.
For example, a detailed log for sending a Jira ticket to gmail

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @fifaonline 

I understand your logging needs, so what I did is I’ve passed your feedback on to our product team to see if they can consider this in the future.

Aside from that, here are the links about Teams and Company plans:

Hopefully this helps!